227 W 29th St. #4F
New York, NY 10001
Scott.Sokoloff@gmail.com · (917) 266-2209
Analytics ♦ Data Insights ♦ eCommerce ♦ Business Intelligence ♦ Strategic Operations
Performance-focused leader with 12 years of hands-on experience spanning operations, analytics, econometrics, statistics, sales forecasting, and project management as well as strategic planning. Focus on driving multimillion-dollar revenue and value internally or for client organizations. Offers track record of success identifying consumer interests for such noted industry giants as Capital One, Domino’s Pizza, Burger King, Visa, Forbes, and PayPal, among others. Expertly transform consumer behavior data into actionable, data-driven insights to maximize profitability and performance. Strategic MBA demonstrating strong finance skills coupled with team leadership and decision-making abilities. Confidently mentor and train others as well as identify and turn around underperforming groups. Regularly lectures on marketing research and strategy to undergraduates at University of Michigan and Georgia Institute of Technology. Core competencies include:
Data-Driven Strategies ♦ Web Analytics ♦ Forecasting ♦ Strategic Pricing Programs ♦ Data Insights ♦ Strategic Planning ♦ Data Warehousing ♦ Information Strategy ♦ Team Leadership ♦ Training & Mentoring ♦ Business Intelligence ♦ Performance Analysis ♦ Cost Control ♦ Process Improvement ♦ Consulting ♦ Operations Management ♦ Financial Analysis ♦ P&L Management
TE Connectivity ♦ New York, New York 2013 – Current
Head of Data Science
I am currently in charge of the daily operations of Data Science and Advanced Analytics teams for this Fortune 250 firm. As leader of the Data Science team, I coordinate data company-wide and build analytics technology using big data solutions including Hadoop technology. While overseeing Advanced Analytics, I manage a multimillion-dollar budget, driving the execution of analytic projects along with training and mentoring staff. Additionally, I expend about 50% of my time scoping and resolving issues associated with complex profit-generating opportunities for this global manufacturing company. On a regular basis, I am sought after to participate in a variety of corporate initiatives and speak at conferences on big data, data science, and analytics to contribute my deep knowledge of the field.
- Led a team that boosted the company’s entire data storage capacity by 10%. Currently organizing more than 1,000 data silos into a single ecosystem that will facilitate a >90% reduction in data storage costs and time required to access data.
- Played a key role in lowering inventory, reducing lead time for manufacturing of parts, decreasing cost to manufacture, and expediting delivery by ensuring the accuracy of forecasts at a part plant level.
- Implemented software tools and process changes forecasted to enable a 70% increase in sales force efficiency.
- Justified and contributed to refining >$30M in corporate initiatives.
- Drove the transition to cloud-based deployment.
- Earned a reputation as a data analytics expert, receiving invitations to speak at conferences and universities about building advanced analytics teams and implementing related corporate culture change.
- Accepted an opportunity to present at the University of Pennsylvania on subjects such as big data, data science, and analytics.
SokoCreative Inc. ♦ New York, New York 2011 – Current
President, Data Insights and Analytics
Led day-to-day operations and functioned as primary contact with clients concerning all new engagements. Managed P&L along with employee hiring, development, and termination. Assisted in developing data insights as internal core competency for clients. Selected and built client data insights infrastructures. Established team of content-specific experts as thought leaders for clients. Client list includes but is not limited to: Memoir, Microsoft, Skype, Forbes Media, Haute Athletics, Mobile Commons, Freelancers Medical, GroupMe, PayPerks, HMR, Inc., and TLC Oxygen.
- Doubled revenue and reduced total costs by 25% for healthcare practice through developing systems to track all operational metrics.
- Incentivized blog contributors at top-3 business website to produce content that maximized revenue and profitability through devising effective compensation structure for bloggers.
- Enabled health insurance provider to partner with Department of Labor by creating strategic insights and redefining analytical processes at regional Federal Reserve Bank.
- Allowed major health organization to visualize their mobile efforts to improve nationwide healthcare via data insights.
- Drove optimal building placement for restaurant chain’s new stores to gain competitive edge by building predictive geo-spatial system.
- Boosted viral coefficient of global communication platform’s software ecosystem and enhanced group communications by developing tracking systems.
- Enabled major brands to optimize their creatives and ad placements for television, digital, and print marketing campaigns through crafting adaptive media mix solution.
Microsoft ♦ New York, New York 2012-2013
Head of Analysis & Data Insights, GroupMe
Managed unit P&L in addition to conducting regular and ad hoc reporting. Assisted company founders in managing multimillion-dollar budget and conducting financial analysis. Established analytics as core competency within division. Discovered areas of OPEX reductions. Led development of multiple new reporting platforms. Trained analysts and programmers in data insights.
- Helped acquired startup navigate through corporate world and assisted other units in dealing with Microsoft and Skype bureaucracies.
- Enabled exponential growth and ensured that users remained active throughout their lifecycle by developing customized viral coefficient and retention analysis.
- Created revenue generating products and enhancements.
The AMM Group ♦ New York, New York 2012
Vice President, Analytics
Manage consulting and market research process for Fortune 500 companies. Develop best practices and thought leadership to create strategic initiatives for top US advertisers. Craft process to automate marketing/ media mix models allowing for near real-time ROI analysis. Build and manage analytics team.
Domino’s Pizza Corporation ♦ Ann Arbor, Michigan 2009-2011
Department Head, Data Insights
Drive development of Data Insights department from ground up, including identifying world-class talent to establish enterprise-wide, data-driven strategy for Domino’s. Oversee team comprised of economists, statisticians, and analysts in coordinating advanced analytic concepts. Translate data insights into understandable, meaningful information for laymen, enabling other executives to comprehend black box models. Identify patterns in consumer behaviors to determine top-performing in-store employees. Regularly present results to Board of Directors. Report directly to CIO/CFO.
- Managed web analytics for website ranked in top 5 nationwide in transaction volume; transformed web-centric measurements to focus on customer experience and total company profits by incorporating offline activities.
- Achieved 3%-5% system-wide sales increase and substantially lowered cost basis by identifying inefficiency in store-level operations. Also resolved significant loss in sales through application of cloud engineering techniques.
- Reduced sales forecasting errors by more than 50% through developing computational model based on economic principles. Model allowed for market, store, and block group tracking of company-wide sales target.
- Enabled segmentation of customers into occasion-based, price-sensitive clusters through crafting customer-specific pricing program which allowed for maximum revenue enhancement with minimal impact on purchase intentions.
- Led company-wide strategic initiative to quantify real estate value and determine future opportunity store development.
- Identified underperforming stores, high-value franchises, and top store managers using geo-spatial model.
- Established personalized experience for every customer via constructing CRM system.
- Allowed non-technical users to develop “Test and Learn” mentality by championing creation and delivery of “Test and Learn” tool with Excel-based interface.
Burger King Corporation ♦ Miami, Florida 2008
Strategist, Marketing & Business Intelligence
- Enabled strategic price increases by developing corporate pricing model using price elasticity. Model accounts for rising commodity costs while minimizing customer loss on store-by-store basis.
- Realized more than 30% gains in power of existing tools and boosted accuracy of internal data through identifying inconsistencies with internal processes.
First Annapolis Consulting ♦ Baltimore, Maryland 2006-2007
- Mentored and trained team of analysts, along with assisting partners with consulting engagements. Determined current value by conducting statistical analysis of loan portfolios. Recommended account management strategies to maximize net present value.
- Expertly performed country-level analysis on future revenue, profit, and market size for 1 of largest worldwide financial services corporations using international census and economic data.
- Developed cluster analysis to segment credit and debit card portfolios as well as provided marketing recommendations for leading banks in Europe and South America.
- Devised methodology to evaluate pricing models for traditional and online merchants.
Capital One—Small Business Solutions ♦ Richmond, Virginia 2005-2006
- Coordinated customer management marketing test plans for portfolio comprised of more than 3.5 million accounts, analyzing results to determine most effective and profitable marketing strategy.
- Produced 700% growth and $.5B in incremental loans by enhancing small business balance build strategy.
- Created revolutionary new credit product for small business owners; drove coordination between IT, production services, marketing, legal, and finance departments during initial testing.
WebTrends ♦ Customer Advisory Board Member
University of Michigan – Market Research Design and Analysis, Pricing, Forecasting ♦ Guest Lecturer
MENSA ♦ Member
Nexecon Consulting ♦ Corporate Coordinator/Oversight
United States House of Representatives ♦ Head Page/Overseer
Master of Business Administration
University of Florida
Hough Graduate School of Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics
University of Pennsylvania
College of Arts and Sciences